1. What got you started in the audio book production business?
As a singer and a voice actor I find myself constantly finding new ways to utilize my voice. During a recording session I met a gentleman who narrates audio books and he suggested that I might be good at. Let’s hope he was right!
2. You work for Iron Works Studios. Tell us a little bit about what goes on there.
I am proud to say that I am the owner of Iron Works Studios. We specialize in the audio production of music and audio books. We also coach singers, songwriters and voice artists in their craft. It is our mission to advocate for the artist in everyone!
3. Do you enjoy reading outside of narrating books? If so, what genres do you like the best and do you have an all-time favorite novel?
I am a voracious reader! I enjoy all fiction though I do have a particular love of fantasy, sci-fi, and mythology.
4. Are there any other narrators or book producers who have inspired you?
Yes! Voice actors and narrators alike have inspired me with their work. Namely, the great Michael Bell, Jim Dale, Simon Templeman, the late Tony Jay, and Mark Bramhall.
5. Do you do anything else besides produce audio books?
I do indeed! I am a professional singer, songwriter, producer, and vocal coach.
6. Have you produced any other audio books besides Ehriad? If so, which ones?
I have had the pleasure of narrating the trilogy “The Chronicle of Benjamin Knight”
7. You use an Irish accent for the character Cade in Ehriad, but do you have a favorite accent you enjoy using while narrating?
Accents are always fun and challenging (especially Cade’s)! One’s natural voice is always the easiest but I can’t truly say I have a favorite.
8. In your opinion, what’s the best part about being an audio book producer?
The best part of this job is being able to collaborate with authors and help bring their characters to a new kind of life. As artists we can live in our own creative vacuums and being able to work together to create something new is always exciting.
Thank you so much Michael for taking the time to speak a little bit about your work! If you would like to learn more about Michael and Iron Works Studios, you can visit the website here: http://www.ironworkstudios.com/home.html
Ehriad is now available as an audio book from Audible, Amazon, and iTunes. You can listen to a sample on each of those sites. Be sure to check out my NEW Audio Books page here on this website too!
It was an interesting interview with Michael Ferraiuolo and he has done a remarkable job by venturing into audio books. Also after listening his audio book Ehriad, I was thinking that he should also try to make his career as a voiceover artist...I think it will be also a good option for him.ReplyDelete