Below are both lists, so if you are an artist or an author and would like to be featured on my blog, please copy the questions and return them to me when you are ready in an email to email@example.com.
Be sure to state in the subject either 'Author Spotlight Interview' or 'Artist Spotlight Interview'. Authors, be sure to include an image of your book cover. Artists, please include 5-7 images to accompay your interview.
I usually post one interview per week (if I available) and I'll email you when your interview is going up on my blog. Interviews will be posted in the order in which I receive them. If you have any questions, be sure to send me an email. Thank you and happy writing, reading and art creating!
-Jenna Elizabeth Johnson
Author Spotlight Interview Questions1. Quickly, give us the title and genre of your book and a 30-word or less tagline:
2. Who is your intended audience and why should they read your book?
3. How did you come up with the title of your book or series?
4. Tell us a little bit about your cover art. Who designed it? Why did you go with that particular image/artwork?
5. Who is your favorite character from your book and why?
6. How about your least favorite character? What makes them less appealing to you?
7. If you could change ONE thing about your novel, what would it be? Why?
8. Give us an interesting fun fact or a few about your book or series:
9. What other books are similar to your own? What makes them alike?
10. Do you have any unique talents or hobbies?
11. How can we contact you or find out more about your books?
12. What can we expect from you in the future?
13. What can readers who enjoy your book do to help make it successful?
14. Do you have any tips for readers or advice for other writers trying to get published?
15. Is there anything else you’d like to say?
16. And now, before you go, how about a snippet from your book that is meant to intrigue and tantalize us:
Artist Spotlight Interview Questions
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself: What got you interested in art? Have you taken any art classes?
2. What is your preferred medium and why?
3. Do you have an online portfolio or a blog where we can view your work?
4. Do you have a favorite artist? If yes, what draws you to that person’s work?
5. Can you remember one of the first things you drew/sculpted/painted/photographed etc.? What makes it memorable?
6. This being primarily an author’s blog, I would like to ask if you’ve ever designed any artwork for an author (cover image, maps, interior art - including font styles - etc.)? If not, would this be something you’d be interested in doing?
7. Where do you gather most of the inspiration for your works?
8. Have you ever stepped out of your comfort zone and discovered a whole new genre of art? How did it turn out?
9. Do you have any other interesting hobbies or maybe a fun story about an experience involving your artwork?
10. Where can we reach you if we are interested in commissioning you for our own projects?
11. What, in your opinion, is the hardest step in creating a masterpiece?
12. And finally, I would like to give you this opportunity to share three to five images and tell us a little about each: